A Big Plug for Mutt!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Mar 16 11:34:53 EST 2002

Hey you all!

I just started up mutt a day or two ago and really dove into it,
configuring things as I go so the headers look nice, connects well
with my imap server on another boxon my local area network, and I even
have emacs as my default message editor including word wrap!

My only complaint might be that I have to come up with these
configuration options and stuff them into a file and hope to spell
them correctly.  I did miss pine's configuration menus - they are
nice.  But the big thing and why I am so excited about using mutt is
the ability to skip past quoted e-mails! I think most lists, used by
sited people, feature most e-mails with the quoted crap on top; that
was really getting me down.  But now I can press the S (shift S) key
and start reading at the top of the screen and I'm right down to the
first available current unquoted text!  Even if there is quoted stuff
intersperced in the message, just press S again to go to the next
current block.

No matter what now, I'm sticking to mutt!  Thanks to the rest of you
mutt users who have been talking about the mailer from time to time.
You held back on us:) you didn't tell us about being able to skip
quoted stuff! that's a big deal to me! Plus I can more easily skip
those irrelevant threads like this one:).