FW: USA: Online book-sharing service for the blind borrows a page from Napster

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Mar 13 23:54:42 EST 2002

I am pleased to hear that they dropped the doctor verification.  It seems
like every service that offers services to the blind wants their own
individual verification from a doctor.  Each trip to the doctor means time
off work, office visit copays and no actual service rendored, etc.  I'm
glad they are willing to work with NLS so the same verification can be
used; so much more efficient, frankly.  I'm greateful for my life time
membership with RFB I got before they went to a renewable one.

Anyhow, I believe I went there before the doctor verification was removed
but I successfully accessed the site with lynx.  I have lynx with SSL
installed here if that really made the difference.