Questions about programs under Linux.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Mon Mar 11 10:09:17 EST 2002

Hi, Emacspeak will allow you to use Viavoice which will let you run
everything via sound card.
However, both have advantages/disadvantages. For example if you will be
working with Dismal Emacspeak 15 works great with it where Speakup really
has troubles.However, with things like pine and  links or lynx speakup
excels at those apps.
Emacspeak lets you read entire text files with a say all mode where speakup
will only let you read one screen at a time.
These are just differences that they have. So  I tend to use both for
maximum effect. Just depends on what it is I am doing.