peaceful coexistence of Speakup and Emacspeak

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Mar 10 18:51:13 EST 2002

ViaVoice for linux is IBM text to speech software that works with a sound
card. It's the thing customarily known as software speech--like Eloquence
for JFW and Window-Eyes on Windows. In other words, you use the generic
sound card instead of a hardware speech sytnthesizer.

Will you need it? Perhaps. It won't be that hard to install if and when
the time comes. The hardest part, in my view, is filling out the form at
the IBM web site that grants you the license to get a copy.