telnet and rainmaker

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Mar 9 14:23:18 EST 2002

Jim, and Listers:

I'm getting a bit more concerned to figure this out. One scenario buzzing
around in my head that might explain this would even potentially be
illegal under U.S. telecomm law. So, Jim, I've forwarded my reply back to
the list, even though you thought it might just muddy things up there.

I think we need to find outexactly what's going on here. It troubles me,
for example, that the same installation could yield such different
results. I'd like to know, for example, whether exactly the same data is
being sent in each case. In other words, is it a terminal or a terminfo
kind of issue? Or, is the network responding differently because it is
impeding, or dropping some chars? If the latter, that could violate
Section 201 of the 1996 Telecomm Act which requires that network
transmission not break accessibility features.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG