trplayer and realplayer

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 11:52:33 EST 2002

Hi Chuck. How do you mv it so that the directory doesn't get omitted? As an example, I was trying to move an entire directory tree from Cd to hard disk (/usr/src). My syntax was something like this: mv /mnt/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/source /usr/src. This should work under Dos, but doesn't seem to work under Linux. Just to make sure, I added a *.* before the /usr/src. In both cases, I get a message like: mv: directory has been omitted. And it doesn't move anything. In this example, I'm not saying that I am trying to do this, although I did try it before. Basically, what would be the syntax to move a directory tree? Let's say I created a tempdir for a tar archive and untarred it. And it created a dir in /temp, therefore the tree would be /temp/package. Let's say I want to move /package to /usr/local. Also, package has subdirs that I want to have moved as well. What would be the syntax to move package to /usr/local and all subdirs?