backup media advice

Johan Bergström johbe at linux.se
Wed Mar 6 14:55:23 EST 2002

The most effective backup is tape with OBDR, and you need a backup program
that can handle it such as Arkeia or BRU. OBDR is
OneButtonDisasterRecovery and it means that you write down an image to
tape and make it bootable, if the system crashes and you cant boot it,
just put the tape in and it will reover everything. The problem is that
tape drives is probably the most expensive choice aswell. I'm satisfied
with keeping a backup copy of my most important files on an other
computer, ie an other harddrive. But as I said, if its really important to
you, go for a tapedrive.

Johan