help whith d s l conection

Pete persuric at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 5 07:19:06 EST 2002

  I need some help in configuring, in windows I am using a program/client
called enternet 300 to conect.  I have an umsdos slackware 8.0 system
installed on /dev/hda2 and am using loadlin to boot it.  The ethernet card
and modem were detected during setup's probing and there didn't seem to be
any problems.  The highspeed modem attached to the ethernet card how ever
wasn't detected during setup.  How do I proceed from here?
  Is there an enternet client for linux?
  The next thing I got stuck on is host name and domane name, in windows it
is serverassigned and dhcp is used for dns addresses.  I don't know any
thing about the host or domane names. What are these?
  Pete