Installing Speakup separate from Linux.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Mar 5 00:21:52 EST 2002

Hi, Anna. Ok, first thing to under stant the Speakup tarball is the source
code only. The source is uncompiled code witch needs to be patched into a
kernel source tree, and compiled with a compiler. Then, installed.
At this point the rpms is what you really need. Rpms are binary compiled
kernel with speakup which you or Pogo can install in a matter of minutes.
They would download it to a directory and type rpm -Uv filename.rpm and wam
they are in business.