Installing Speakup separate from Linux.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Mar 5 00:13:29 EST 2002

Hi, Bill. As for ext3 verses ext2 I've noticed some improvements. For starts
I've intentionally tried killing the partition by switching off my machine
to simulate a power failior and the partition stayed in tact. When I
attempted the same test the ext2 partition needed to be repared.
Another thing ext3 seams to work faster, and it supports journaling support.
That's the reasons I feel it is better than the older ext2 fs.

As for Grub verses Lilo issue that's already been discussed in another
thred. It really comes down to preference. Since Red Hat suggests using
?Grub I go ahead and use it. Although someone could go ahead and use Lilo if
they want to.