One more thing.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Mon Mar 4 06:21:38 EST 2002

Hi, Anna. It is true that X-windows is not currently accessible. However, a
couple of projects are out there working on the problem as we speak.
Yes, you will  want to have them install X, and configure it,  but have them
change the run level from 5 to 3.
Many apps require X libs etc, and it is nice to have them on hand when you
need them.
You may need some friend, family member, etc to look on your machine, and
they will want to work in X-Windows as apose to the console.