nero

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 21:07:54 EST 2002

Hi Greg. But if you had something like speakup-1.00.tar.gz, did your file get re-named to speaku~1.gz if you are using ms-dos 8 character filename, or speakup_1_00_tar.gz if using 30-character filename? Also, once I coppied the file from the Cd to my linux box, tar terminated saying that there were too many corrupted garbage bytes or something. Did this happen to you? What distro are you using? If you are using Debian, are you using an iso9660 module that was installed during the installation process? Because I am not using a module because I didn't think that I needed it. The reason is that I installed my system using the idepci kernel image. I got to the modules section, and didn't install the iso9660 module because I thought I didn't need it. I installed the base system and installed packages using apt with no problems. But I can't untar an archive that I burned from a winBlows box and coppied to /usr/src? This doesn't make sense. I can't seem to figure out where the archive is getting corrupted. Any insight into this would be apreciated. Thanks in advance! As this post is quite long, please try to quote the parts you are replying to if possible. It just makes it easier to follow. Thanks again!

Igor