Speakup installation on lap top.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 2 22:04:21 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> As for your choppy sound problem, that certainly shouldn't be happening.
> Also, it probably has nothing to do with speakup. To satisfy yourself
> about that, kill speakup by pressing the Print-Screen key and play some
> sound files. Are you hearing this from sound
> files on your local hard disk?

Yes, the thought that occurred to me is that perhaps it is something to do
with either the sound drivers or maybe even the serial device, though
break-up does not occur when using a modem.  Yes, if I ant to listen to
music for long periods I kill Speakup and all is fine.

Cheers.
Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808