Options for buying a computer.

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 1 16:19:50 EST 2002

http://www.compusa.com

they have a number of refurbished computers pretty cheap with warranty
as well as most popular brands of desktop and notebook.

I just bought a Fujitsu Notebook two days ago from Best Buy.

Although I did a lot of looking online on:

http://www.bestbuy.com

I did purchase my Notebook from a local store but I already knew what I
wanted and just went in and asked them to bring the one I had on hold to
the Customer Service area.  It was very helpful to go online because the
kind of assistance one finds in a retail store, even Comp USA and Circuit
City and places that are supposed to be selling these items, is not worth
one's frustration and time of day!  I asked for a PCMCIA N Wireless
Network card for my Notebook.  What did he show up with?  A PCI card and
they didn't have the one for the NOtebook or he didn't have the
wherewithal to look!

I also did a bit of research on the various vendor sites for Hewlett
Packard, Fujitsu and others.

Another place who has a lot of refurbished and discontinued models is:

http://www.consumerdepot.com

Can always just use a favorite Search Engine and find lots of other info
out there as well as places to buy.  What I've indicated
are definitely
not all available choices.  I had certain constraints like an 18 months at
zero percent interest coupon for Best Buy which best suited my own budget
<smile>!

Amanda Lee

Alexandria, VA