Multiple lynx bookmarks? (fwd)

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 30 14:49:28 EDT 2002

Hi, Paul:

I can't tell you how you're supposed to do this, because I don't
use the menus in lynx to accomplish it. Rather, I retrieve my
.lynxrc into my favorite text editor and create file references
for the alphabetic letters that I want by hand. If you do this,
be sure to save a copy of .lynxrc to a backup file first, in case
you make a mistake.

The other part, imho, is to organize those files into a directory
of their own, so they're not scattered in your root directory
listing. Also, I redo the html header to my taste. Lynx is
perfectly happy with that. For reference, I've included my stock
header file as an attachment.

If you do all of this as the user you will be when you start
lynx, all should work out OK.

Here's what I do:

create $HOME/html

I make my default file (what you get by pressing 'a') to be:

$HOME/html/lynxmark.html -- but it could still be
$HOME/lynx_bookmarks.html or $HOME/html/lynx_bookmarks.html, or
whatever.

I have several others. For example, for the letter 'l' I have:

$HOME/html/linux.html

For the letter 'm' I have:

$HOME/html/music.html

And so forth.

By the way, I don't put $HOME in the.lynxrc file, though it may
well work to do that. Rather, I put ./html/

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG