floppy 0 probe failed

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Fri Jun 28 18:10:15 EDT 2002

Hi all. I am experiencing this peculiar problem when trying to mount my
fd0. The drive will seemingly be accessed for a period of about 2-3 secs,
then I get floppy 0: probe failed. I then have no choice but to kill the
process. I do have blk_dev_fd set to y, and config_idefloppy=y as well.
The floppy drive worked fine with the 2.2 kernel I had so long ago.
Possibly /dev/fd0 in 2.2 was a symlink to a device which is no longer used
in 2.4? Not sure. I have neglected to fix this for a while since I didn't
think I would use that drive very much, and I just wanted to look at the
contents of one of my disks without having to resort to Winblows to do so.
Thanks!

Explorer has caused a general protection fault in module kernel32.dll. I'm sick of Winblows!