Updated Speakup how to

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 27 23:51:59 EDT 2002

I think you are confused as to what speakup is exactly..
that would be
no.
no
no
no
no.

1.
Speakup is designed for the linux operating system as a kernel patch. It
will not run on any windows based system.
I do not know how hard it would be to port speakup to other arches, but who
knows.
2.
Again, I believe you have been misinformed as to the functions of speakup.
I do not believe it will allow you to complete this task. If you need
speech in your bios and have an external synthesizer, you may be able to
print your screen to hear the output.
3. See question 1.
4. you may be  able to install certain network software on the windows
machines and novel, and control them.. also windows 2000 has a telnet service.
I want to recommend the speakup site at
http://www.linux-speakup.org
to learnabout this wonderful screen reader for Linux..
I wonder has anyone ever got speakup to work on Linux PPC, or on other
arch? I'm just curious.

        -------------------------
Patrick Turnage
e-mail:pturnage at tampabay.rr.com