Updated Speakup Modified HOWTO

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Wed Jun 26 16:27:22 EDT 2002

Hi, Janina. I've just read through your install how to and one important
tidbit needs mentioning.
If using lilo with a disk larger than 1024 cylendars you should not use
linear mode and use lba32 instead.I believe this can be changed on the same
screen ast the one where you put the lines for speakup.
I just recently put Red Hat on a disk with 3736 cylendars and lilo would not
boot. When I asked Red Hat technical support they said to change the linear
to lba32, and it worked like a charm.
You might want to mention this so that future newbies who probably will have
large hard drives will know this.