Talking Cd from Cheap Bytes

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Tue Jun 25 18:40:43 EDT 2002

Hi Angus. Do you by any chance have a broadband connection? I'm not
criticizing you or anything. It would be far easier to download the
speakup iso from the ftp site. Or what you can do is get the binary
Speakup kernel and use it as the install kernel not the one that will be
stored on the hd. What I did for my Debian install was copy the kernel
image and other files such as root.bin and rescue.bin to appropriate
directories. Then when prompted, I put in the first in a series of 3
binary Cds of 2.2r5 (the latest release at the time). As a result, my
installed system was made up of the speakup 2.2.18pre21-idepci kernel, and
the 2.2r5 base system and packages. This is another aproach you can take
with the Debian 2.2r6 Cd set which you have bought. Good luck.

Explorer has caused a general protection fault in module kernel32.dll. I'm sick of Winblows!