ot, windows update page, was: Re: acpi and the str/s3 state

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Jun 23 19:15:27 EDT 2002

I've used the update page, but can't access it recently. When I do start menu, and w for "windows update", I go to the home page. So far that's what I expect. Then, as I've done in the past, I activate the "products update" link. In the past, that would give me the catalog with the updates. Now, it gives me a page which informs me that the windows 98 service pack cd is now availabel. It also tries to get me to download macroslop internet destroier 6, and windblows media trasher 7. Yes, there is another "products update" link there, but when I activate it, I go back to that very same page. If someone out there knows how to get to the catalog of updates, please let me know. Some of thoes patches are actually worth getting, and I usually don't say that about Gates' trash.
Greg