RH 7.3 speaks during startup messages, but not at prompt or beyond

Jon Dowd jondowd at mind.net
Sat Jun 22 13:30:15 EDT 2002

Thanks for the help (even speculation is welcome !),

The synth is DoubleTalk LT (external) ltlk, I'm not at the location until tomorrow afternoon, so can't report on the
firmware version. If I wanted to update it, where would I find the software and how would I proceed?

Should the <Numlock> be enabled in order to use the numpad commands (we tried with and without)? Pressing <Enter> on the
numpad would silence the voice during startup very briefly, mashing it twenty times seems to make it stop until the next
boot.

I have set the computer to boot into a command line interface by setting the default runlevel to "3" in /etc/inittab.

Jon Dowd jondowd at mind.net
Support Technician 482-TECH (8324) or, 1-800 419-4804
InfoStructure & IVO http://www.mind.net - 8am-10pm M-F, 10am-7pm Sat