Running a command in background?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Wed Jun 19 21:35:25 EDT 2002

This means you put a job into the background without using nohup.
Or, you hit ctrl-z to suspend a job and drop to the shell and neer resumed it.
Use the command "fg" to bring the stopped job into the foreground.
Regards
Aaron
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 07:16:56AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Oh, this make me put another question.
> After I type logout, sometimes it tells me "There are stopped jobs."
> What does this mean?
> I thought it  is just a simple kind of goodbye message.
>
> Thanks.
> Teddy,
> orasnita at home.ro

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |