anyone tried an alpha machine with speakup

Brian Moore admin at bmoore.yi.org
Mon Jun 17 11:30:01 EDT 2002

HI all.  had someone offer to give me a couple of alpha boxes to play with.
I know basically nothing about alpha systems and want to learn.  I know
there are linux distros which will run on an alpha box.  wonder if I can
compile speakup into any of these from source code?

wonder if the hardware designations are the same like for the serial ports
and such.  any got any reading suggestions for an intro to alpha machines
how they work and such.

many thanks.

Brian.