the speakup install

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Jun 17 11:14:38 EDT 2002

Hi, Jed:

No, you do not need sighted assistance in many cases. I would go
further and say you almost certainly don't need sighted
assistance if you're dedicating a machine entirely to Linux.

And, if you backup before you start and are very careful, you can
repartition without sighted assistance and get a dual booting
system.

Read the HOWTO on installation for the Speakup Modified Red Hat
Distribution at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

PS: This document will be updated later today, so please refresh
your view of it when you see the announcement on this list about
the updating.