Mozilla

Whitley GS11 Cecil H WhitleyCH at cherrypoint.usmc.mil
Fri Jun 14 09:51:03 EDT 2002

Hello,
I hesitate to even mention this because I don't want to start another
battle.  However, I feel that there is a segment of this community that this
effects and who will be interested.  Yesterday in my wanderings (I was
checking out the latest status of Gnome) I ran across some very interesting
information.  Mozilla currently supports MSAA on the Windows platform.
Since the VP of development for Freedom Scientific had testified in April
that Netscape does not support accessability I found it curious to say the
least that Netscape uses Mozilla's technology in it's latest browser and
therefore supports both MSAA and DOM.

Okay, what's my point?  Simply this, I wrote
suggestions at freedomscientific.com and requested that they support Mozilla on
the Windows platform given that the Mozilla developers are suporting
accessability in their product.  I indicated that I felt their company
should suport Mozilla at least as well as they suport Internet Explorer
given that it provides more choice for the visually impaired community.  I
know that some of the users on this list would benefit from experience with
Mozilla on windows so that they are "up to speed" on it once it is available
under Gnome.  So with that said, I would like to request that if you are a
jaws user (or any other windows screen reader for that matter) that you let
your voice be heard by your respective vendor.

I realize that lynx and links won't go away simply because a GUI is
available, however much of the point of Mozilla is it's ability to be
imbedded within apps.  Feedback from the community as a whole would be
benificial to insure that the product is as accessable as possible for those
who will "have" to use it.

Regards,

Cecil