more apache infoy1p

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Mon Jun 10 01:07:58 EDT 2002

Hi there,
There's an easy way to tell, check whether you have a line like...
LoadModule proxy_module modules/libproxy.so
(if there is, comment it out).
Regards
Aaron

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 11:44:04PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> As far as I know, I don't have apache's proxy service turned on (or at least, I didn't turn it on knowingly). How would I find out if it's turned on, and how would I turn it off. There is probably something I need to put or take out of httpd.conf? Thanks a lot for your help.
> Greg
>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:58:18PM +1000, Aaron Howell wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > The first one indicates you probably have apache's proxy service turned on.
> > If that's correct, turn it off, or, restrict it to your own subnet.
> > The second probably means that once again, someone is ip scanning.
> > They don't know what hostname your machine is likely to have, so they request the page by ip address (probably to find out if you're running a vulnerable server).
> > If you're paranoid about that sort of thing, use the apache directive
> > ServerSignature off
> > In the main part of your httpd.conf file.
> > That'll stop apache telling remote hosts what it is.
> > Regards
> > Aaron

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |