REDHAT 7.3 INSTALLATION

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 9 21:06:15 EDT 2002

Dear Mo:

There's a bug with the installer that has eluded resolution. You
can get by it by simply not letting the system see your CD ROM
until after you pick the key map file. If the CD ROM disk is
unavailable at that point, you will get a screen that asks where
the installation images are. At that time you can select CD ROM
and provide the disk to the installation scripts. All will be
well from there.

PS: This bug, and some problems with cursoring are documented in
the current version of our installation HOWTO available at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

Good luck, and please don't hesitate to write should you have
further problems or more questions.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development