Installing Linux

ADFM flodabay at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 20:51:02 EDT 2002

Now that my DECTalk Express, (on COM1), is fixed for now. I wish to install Linux before it goes again. I downloaded "debian-2.2r2-speakup.iso" and was wondering if I should use Nero 5.50.82 to burn the file to disk? I have Windows 98SE on my 14.2GB C:. And wish to install Linux on my 14.2 GB D:. If I burn "debian-2.2r2-speakup.iso" to a CD RW; can I put the CD into the CD ROM drive shutdown to power off and then turn the power on and have the CD boot to a talking install?

Angus MacKinnon
Adaptive Computer Educator, ACE
Web page: http://members.shaw.ca/dabneyadfm
NAILTO:flodabay at hotmail.com