Question regarding talking redhat install.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Jun 7 18:23:06 EDT 2002

Aaron:

I'm willing to be convinced regarding grub. Here are the problems
I have regarding it. Do you have good answers that I possibly
don't know yet?

1.)	How can you relibably know you're now interacting with
grub? Your email below mentions that the serial port prompt is
unavailable. How about support for the Ctrl-G beep available via
the message directive, usually pointing to /boot/boot.msg?
Anything like that? Anything in grub to beep your speaker? Or,
better still, play a cute little tune like System Commander
does??

2.)	How does one handle multiple boot options reliably? For
example, if you have multiple param options to pass to a kernel
so that you might load Speakup with the DEC Talk Express today,
and with the Litetalk tomorrow, how would you handle that with
grub? Of course, in lilo I've given each of these different
labels and different single-char aliases. How would you do this
with grub?