Good news

Gregory Nowak greg at romualt.dhs.org
Fri Jun 7 14:50:06 EDT 2002

Speakup.i is bare.i plus speakup. So, in a sense, it is already the default kernel. I don't know if putting speakup into bare.i and eliminating speakup.i would be a good idea, since many newbys use the bare.i kernel for a good while before getting the courage to compile their own. And, let's face the fact that the majority of people are sighted and not blind. Thus, bulging the default kernel with something that sighted people would have no use for without the proper hardware wouldn't be a good thing either.
Greg