bug in speakup

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Fri Jun 7 10:56:09 EDT 2002

Hi all.  This is * NOT * a bug.  0 is a valid volume setting.  We don't
want users to have to become root every time they want to adjust their
synth.  There are some settings that you need to be root for, because
they can drasticly affect system performance, but things like volume,
pitch, rate and voice are not in that list.  I don't know about you, but
I certainly don't want to have to become root just to change my volume
or punctuation level.

Gene