buzzing sound in recordings

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Fri Jun 7 08:02:14 EDT 2002

Hi Greg

I'm surprised that no-one has responded to your post.  I can't remember
exactly who but I'm sure a few people had problems with beta 12.  I'm
using rc1 with the Sound Blaster Live and that appears to be alright.

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org

>Hi all,
>
>I was trying to record something, and testing my sound setup, since I've thoug
ht about getting on the reflector assuming I'm welcome their. However, when I p
lay back any recording I make, there is a kind of loud buzzing sound in the out
put.  I've tried everying, including messing with my microphone gain and loweri
ng my output volume, but the sound is still there with the same intensity. I sh
ould mention that back when I had windblows on this machine, I used the same so
undcard and microphone with no problems. I'm running alsa 0.90 beta 12 with a s
blive card. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.