Installing Slackware 8.0

Ann tate886_thequeen at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 6 09:22:26 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,

Well, after finally proving that my modem does actually work in LInux - and
I can't thank Gregory Nowak enough for all his help - I'm about to install
Slackware 8.0. All I'm waiting for is the CD(s).

I have listened to Joe Norton's wonderful tutorial on installing Slackware
7.1, and was just wondering what the differences were between the two
versions? Aside from the fact that Speakup is included with the 8.0
distribution of Slackware, what other major or minor differences can I
expect when installing 8.0, compared to the installation of 7.1? For
example, do I still need to use the boot and root disks to boot  in to Linux
or will it boot from the CDRom (my computer can boot from a CDRom, BTW)?

Thanks for any help, folks.
~Ann