former power status

Gregory Nowak greg at romualt.dhs.org
Wed Jun 5 07:19:42 EDT 2002

Thanks Kerry. I've thought about getting a ups, but since I'm not an isp with thousands of users, I didn't feel that the $60 or so was justified. Besides, the last significantly long power outage in this area was in late 2000.

One of the nice things about the old AT design was indeed the power switch that wasn't controlled by the board.  I've always suspected that the battery responsible for running the hardware clock was also responsible for providing power to whatever chip storred the power state. However, I'm speculating here as well.

If I'm not here, and I know the power has gone off and come back on, and I'm in front of a terminal on the net, there is always wake on lan I guess.
Greg