L i n k s Not lynx with speakup

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 2 18:23:54 EDT 2002

Hi, Dan:

I have successfully used the links (with an i) web browser. You
can use up and down arrows to move through links on a page. As
you arrow down you first hear the link you're leaving and then
the one you land on ver each press of the key. When you arrow up,
it's the other way around. So,l it's often easire to work up
rather than down.

Needless to say, this is cumbersome. Lynx with a y would be as
bad had we to depend on arrow navigation.

PS: You need to go into configurations and set the block cursor
to get it to track this way.

PPS: I have yet to find any real benefit from links (with an i),
including on any web pages with javascript that I need to access.
In my experience, when lynx with a y has problems, all the other
browser will have problems of some sort as well, including the
browsers on Windows. This isn't strictly true, but I find it
happens very very frequently, far more than one might think or
expect given all the bad mouthing about text browsers.