BEGINNER--GOT QUESTIONS!

John Lee COMPUTERSANDME at NC.RR.COM
Sat Jun 1 08:52:38 EDT 2002

These answers didn't really help, I read all the info on linux-speakup.org
before I wrote the questions.

Need more in-depth help,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca
[mailto:speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca]On Behalf Of 'Georgina'
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 8:13 AM
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: Re: BEGINNER--GOT QUESTIONS!

Hi

>I'm new in Linux. My questions are:
gj:  Welcome

>1. How do I download Linux.
gj:  Umm, don't know don't have a crystal ball to see what browser etc
your using.  As with many of your questions below, try looking at the
speakup site http://linux-speakup.org

>2. Which version do I need.
gj:  The latest might be a good start.  If your referring to which
distribution then that's a matter of personal choice.  Again you'll see
more on the speakup site.
>3. How do I download speakfreely for linux and windows, I got the jaws
>scripts.
gj:  Do you mean where?  Try looking on the speakup site's goodies
directory.

>4. Does speakup work with Braille.
gj:  Yes speakup will work along side brltty but speakup doesn't have
braille support built in.

>5. Are there software synthesizers available for linux.
gj:  Yes, but none of them will work with speakup.  Again read the stuff
on the speakup site.

>6. How closely related tounix is linux inits command structure?
gj:  Again I need a crystal ball.  I think that your asking about Unix,
well its very similar.

>7. When can I go to a site to learn linux, how to install it and get a
>computer up and running?
gj:  Again a good starting point is the speakup site, if your concerned
with installing a talking distribution.  But why not use your friendly
google search engine for non blinux user related sites.

>Urgently seeking info, thanks.

gj:  So why are you waisting my time asking questions that you can gain
from the speakup site, which you must be aware of as you've joined the
list.