Downloading a link?

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Tue Jul 30 13:26:44 EDT 2002

Apache has something called followsimlinks which is a directive put into
a directory directive.  I may have the terminology.  I believe that if
the followsimlinks is not set for a particular directory you can't get
it regardless the type of link it is.  I'd have to look at apache docs
to be sure.

Octavian Rasnita said the following on Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 05:49:54PM +0300:
> Hi all,
>
> If I put a file somewhere in a directory that is not accessible from web,
> and I put a simbolic link to that file somewhere in another directory that
> is visible from web, can the real file be downloaded?
>
> Or I should use a hard link instead?
> Should this work?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Teddy Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
> Mail: orasnita at home.ro

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.
Enjoy that gift, that's why it's called the present.
Raul A. Gallegos http://www.asmodean.net/contact.html