rEMOVING fl FROM wINDOWS OR dos BASED ascii TEXT FILES.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jul 29 08:41:44 EDT 2002

I'm assuming you mean LF (linefeed)?  Use the 'fromdos' to remove them
and the 'todos' command to put them back in.  I currently have
Slackware 8.0 on this machine and these utilities came with it's
standard 'bin' package.

I should tell you that the fromdos and tdos programs read standard
input and write to standard output so don't forget the redirection
symbols (example: fromdos <autoexec.bat >autoexec.txt

HTH.