Few questions about speakup

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jul 28 20:45:28 EDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, satyam wrote:

> Hello,
> I have few questions about speakup.
> 1. Will speak support G.U.I. ?
No. Speakup will only support console mode. A GUI screen reader called
Gnopernicus will be available later this year, however.

> 2. Is there any package like Ms.Word in Linux?
Well, my first reaction is to say "I sure hope not." If, however, you're
asking if there are applications that can help you edit text, spell check,
format for printing, create other outputs such as valid html, yes, of
course there are.
 > 3. Is it possible to browse internet?
Absolutely. Internet browsing was available on Linux before it was
available on Microsoft products.

 > Thanks in
advance. > Satyam to

--