mp3/ogg to music cd format

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 27 16:39:47 EDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Scott Howell wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I was wondering if mpg123 is best for converting mp3 or ogg formats back
> to a format suitable for audio cd players. I know cdrecord is fine for
> putting the output to disc, but just wanted to know the best means to
> achieve this. Any possible pitfalls I should know about would be
> appreciated.

Hmmm, you're thinking of just capturing the raw output?  A better way
might be to use Lame, and then burn onto disk, as lame will support this
reverse action.  It will probably also be faster, as I'd imagine that even
if you don't want to hear the output, mpg123 will still play at normal
listening speed.  Also, you may want to listen to the raw files first, as
they will contain any impurities of the original mp3, such as pops, bangs,
and reduced quality.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808