How to delete it?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Sun Jul 21 10:44:11 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've tried to delete a directory that has some files in it using the rm
command.

I've took a look in the man page for rm and it tells there that:
  -d, --directory       unlink directory, even if non-empty (super-user
only)

I've was logged with the root account, but after typing the following
command:

rm -d database

it asked me if I want to delete the file "database" and after answering y,
it told me that it can't delete the file because it is a directory.

I've seen in the man page that rmdir can't delete directories that are not
empty.

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks.

Teddy Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/