lib vorbis compile problem

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Jul 20 19:23:36 EDT 2002

I know this isn't the Vorbis e-mail list but I thought I'd share my
experience installing the latest vorbis stuff.  I first uninstalled
the slackware oggutils package from my 8.0 setup.  I then began the
project by configuring libvorbis only to have the configure fail
because it couldn't find ogg.  So I put that asside and configured,
made and installed libogg.  Then libvorbis was happy and went the rest
of the way without incident.  Libao went in ok.  But then I proceded
with vorbis-tools and then learned by reading the README that I would
also have to have libcurl.  Apparently slackware, by default, does not
have libcurl installed so I installed the curl-7.9.8 package and went
back to vorbis-tools and finished configuring, making and installing.

All seems to be fine now.  The RMS lecture I had here for a sample
sounded great!.  Too bad ogg123 still doesn't have any direct controls
yet.  Any, sounds great.

Good luck Chuck.