Question about slackware 8.1 rootdisk

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Jul 20 16:19:05 EDT 2002

I haven't looked at the root disks yet but I'm kinda disappointed that
the other ISO images aren't available for download anymore.  And
furthermore, I've been to two different slackware sites and the
transmission speeds are horrible! I have a broadband connection here
and the one install ISO image is downloading at dial-up speeds! that
sucks.

I'm seriously thinking about maybe looking into Debian.  I'll have to
learn another distro and the layout of config files and all that
but...

Is it true the only way to get the other CD's is to buy them now?