audible dot com

Erik Heil eheil at rcn.com
Sat Jul 20 13:07:45 EDT 2002

Sure, Audible.Com is very accessible.  I use it on a regular basis mostly to
download books, but their is a lot of on-demand content that one can either
subscribe too, or purchase on a subscription plan.  For example, the plan I
has allows me to download two books per month.  plus, you can even burn them
onto CD!  One word of caution.  if you want the really high quality files, a
broadband connection is a must.  at least with books, because some of the
titles can weigh in at 100MB or more.  now if you have a really large HD
like I do, this isn't a problem.  You can also download the content in other
quality levels, each degrading the quality a little more.  Also if you don't
want to download titles, you can stream them via RealPlayer or Winblows
Media Player.  If you ever have a HD crash, you can always redownload the
content, because its in you're library permanently.  You bought it, so you
own it.  This is the most apealing reason to go with Audible.com.
If you want to e-mail me about this off list, feel free to do so at
eheil at rcn.com.
MSN: eheil1 at hotmail.com
yahoo: eheil1
AIM: erik guy7