lib vorbis compile problem

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Jul 20 10:01:52 EDT 2002

Geoff or anyone:

I hope you can suggest a solution to my problem compiling the new
release of oggvorbis 1.0. I compiled and installed libao and
libogg without error, but when compiling libvorbis I get the
following compilation error messages:

../lib/.libs/libvorbis.a(mapping0.o): In function `mapping0_forward':
mapping0.o(.text+0xe9c): undefined reference to `oggpack_writealign'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [decoder_example] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

My system is a Slackware 8.0 distro with kernel 2.4.18. I wonder
if there are any other dependencies I have overlooked?

Thanks for any suggestions - Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)
So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck