General question about Linux

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Fri Jul 19 13:40:55 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Teddy, I am sure that in Romanian there are groups of people that have
a certain set of words that they use to talk about whatever their
hobby or interest is.  Carpenters have a certain set of words they
use.  Stamp collectors have a certain set of words that they use.
Have radio operators use still another.  These sets of words may mean
totally different things when spoken by the general population.  When
you join a group of people that has the same interest as you do, you
learn to use the special words that your new group uses.  There are
two reasons for this, Teddy.  the first is a communication issue.  If
you use the "jargon" of the given group, the group members will
understand what you are talking about immediately.  The second reason
is that when you use the "jargon" of the group, you tell the group
that you want to be a member, that you want to be seen as part of the
group.  When you don't use the right language, it signals that you
don't want to be part of the group.  I'm sure that this is the same in
Romanian too.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons