MY QUESTION ABOUT MODIFIED REDHAT

Michael Weaver drwho1 at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 15 14:55:22 EDT 2002

Hi!
Sorry about the confusion about the Speakup modified Redhat question as
regards downloading.
I know about the downloading what I meant was testing the download to see if
there are no errors in the image which might occur if their are problems
downloading which I have like when you have downloaded a zip file, testing
it with the facility in winzip to test to see if it has been completed.
What I am trying to say is how do you scan the iso files to find out if they
have been downloaded successfully when they are on my hard drive so I don't
end up wasting a CD on burning an image which might not have downloaded
correctly?
I notice there is something called Checksum or something like this on the
site where the images are.  Is that a windows tool for checking the
downloaded iso files?