sound blaster awe 64 (fwd)

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 6 06:38:08 EDT 2002

--
Shaun Oliver

In a world whithout fences
          and walls who needs Windows and Gates?

EMAIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 18:23:59 +1000 (EST)
From: Shaun Oliver <shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au>
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: sound blaster awe 64

Hi guys,
I've recently had to reinstall everything and move hardware about as I've
aquired another comtputer and wanted to run slackware on it.
anyway, my problem or rather question is,
Can I play multiple streams through my sound blaster AWE64?
it's not an AWE 64 Gold, it's the AWE64 value if that's what you want to
call it.
here's my /etc/modules.conf for anyone that may be able to help.
File Start:
alias net-pf-4 off	# we won't use PF IPX
alias net-pf-5 off	# we won't use PF AppleTalk
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-sbawe
options snd-card-sbawe snd_index=0 snd_id="SB-awe64" \
        snd_port=0x220 snd_irq=5 snd_dma8=1 snd_dma16=5 \
	snd_mpu_port=0x330 \
	snd_awe_port=0x620

# OSS/Free setup
alias char-major-14 soundcore