Getting Dialup Working

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Fri Jul 5 00:50:36 EDT 2002

Hi,

It is an internal modem, not a USB one.
I've tried with wvdialconf but after searching a little, it told me that the
modem cannot be detected.

Does this mean that it is a win modem?

A few more questions:
1. Are there any possibilities to be a hardware modem but it just can't be
detected by wvdialconf?
2. If it is a win modem, can I configure the computer to connect to internet
using the network?
I have another computer running Windows 2k  linked with this one and I could
use it to connect the internet.

If I can, can you give me some hints how to configure it, to use the network
for connecting to internet?

Thanks.

Teddy Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Mail: orasnita at home.ro