Questions about links (L I N K S)

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri Jul 5 11:48:43 EDT 2002

That's true, Janina, to some extent.
However, I'm having no problems using links-2.1pre1 with braille and imagine it
also could work with speech.
The advantage to links-2.0 and up (not the links that will be available with
your distribution( is that it has some Javascript support. Indeed, I have been
able to access, register, and/or shop at some sites that were inaccessible at
one point or another with lynx. this certainly doesn't solve all javascript
problems but it is a step in the right direction.
I generally access a site first with lynx and then switch to links if I run into
difficulty.
Not all the linkses have the javascript support so you need to specifically go
to the link that talks about links with javascript. I don't have the link at the
moment but it has been posted here recently.

I think that at this point having both lynx and links-2.0 or 2.1pre(whatever) is
the best idea.

Cheryl